- Professional soccer coaches as Odyssey’s coaching staff.
- Developmental based club where technical training is skillfully taught to younger players. Tactical knowledge is layered in for older players, while still keeping them technically sharp.
- Training as the emphasis because that’s where players learn the most. Emphasis is not on the win, but on players being supported and challenged to achieve their individual best.
- The United States Soccer Federation, commonly known as US Soccer, as the protocol all teams are instructed from. Odyssey’s coaches instruct from the USSF curriculum and strategically pre-plan every training session for every age group.
- Training that goes beyond what other clubs offer. Technical and tactical skills are taught with not only the “how’ to do a certain skill, but also the “when, where and why” on utilizing each skill. This is a critical difference of what Odyssey offers compared to any other club in Central New York. Odyssey does not teach skills in isolation, but rather as a part of a comprehensive developmental plan.
- Odyssey’s commitment to players and their families. Odyssey coaches are always accessible to talk with parents and players. The additional communication and support from Team Managers and Odyssey Board members is steps above any other soccer club. Odyssey’s players and their families are always Odyssey’s focus.
- A wealth of programs. Odyssey offers programs for all ages. Whether it’s a club team, additional opportunities for Odyssey’s most talented and/or dedicated players through the Odyssey Development Academy, or supporting the critical component of any team-the goalkeeper-through our Odyssey Goalkeeping Academy, Odyssey has a program for everyone. Younger players develop their love of the game, foundation skills and teamwork through the Junior Odyssey Development Academy and Mini Kickers.
- Innovation. Odyssey is the first club in Central New York to have provided iSoccer, a soccer skill program referred to as the game within the game. Odyssey is a step above the rest by offering player development programs that are creative and beyond what other clubs envision.
- Community Support. Odyssey has received tremendous support from many surrounding businesses and Odyssey families who share in Odyssey's commitment to the youth of Central New York.
- The Odyssey Difference. Odyssey coaches truly have your child’s best interest at heart. Odyssey’s facility is designed with commitment to its players as its focus. Plus, Odyssey has the nicest families you’ll ever meet.
- Pure enjoyment. Odyssey players are coached by professional coaches who sincerely enjoy the game of soccer and coaching youth soccer. This shows through with the constant motivation and support the players receive from their coaches both on and off the field and with the smiles the players have doing anything related to Odyssey.
- Odyssey Families. The pride that Odyssey families have in being part of this unique club is evident through the many hours people volunteer their time for Odyssey, as well as in the many social events Odyssey enjoys together such as the Odyssey Annual Dinner and attending college and professional soccer team games together.
- A Club Philosophy Unlike Any Other. The pride that the Odyssey Directors, Coaches and Board of Directors place on constantly maintaining the Odyssey Difference is unmatched in youth soccer. Odyssey's staff is comprised of highly skilled, often nationally acclaimed, collegiate coaches who educate from the US Soccer Curriculum, all while held in our own facility with diverse programs and Odyssey players as our guiding focus, is The Odyssey Difference.